Nursing Volunteer Projects in Morocco
- Placement location: Rabat
- Role: To work alongside local staff observing and learning about numerous different conditions and treatments
- Type of Placements: Hospitals and health clinic
- Requirements: Volunteers must have completed at least one year of healthcare related studies and speak an French or Arabic to an intermediate level
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Volunteering on our Nursing project in Morocco is an interesting and exciting experience. You will learn about medical practices in another culture, whilst helping the local people who depend on the services provided by the hospital or clinic where you will work.
As a nursing volunteer in Morocco you will have the opportunity to work in a number of departments in one of our partner hospitals or clinics. Where you volunteer will depend upon your qualifications and experience, as well as the needs of the placement. Options include dermatology, gynaecology, paediatrics and surgery.
Your role is that of an intern and you will shadow qualified members of staff and your supervisor. By observing the doctors and nurses, you will learn a lot about many medical conditions and treatments. If you show enthusiasm and nursing skills, and you develop a good relationship with the medical staff, you may find that you gain enough trust to be given more to do.
Your Schedule in Morocco
Your workday will normally be from 8am to 4pm when you will be working at the hospital with your supervisor. Sometimes it will be beneficial to spend time working one-on-one with a patient with the supervision of a nurse. If you have any particular preferences or areas of interest, be sure to mention them at the time of application.
Volunteers joining this project should have completed a minimum of one year’s medical related studies. Volunteers should speak a good level of French or Arabic in order to fully participate in the nursing projects.
In your free time, there are plenty of opportunities to socialise with other volunteers and locals, as well as plenty of travel opportunities. By living with a local host family, you will be welcomed into a warm Moroccan home and can use the opportunity to practise your French or Arabic language skills.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Morocco Medicine & Healthcare Management Plan.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.