Projects Abroad recommends our trusted partner travel agent STFly to book your flights. They have over 35 years of experience arranging flights for volunteers and travelers around the world. Searching for flights online can be a time-consuming, overwhelming, and frustrating process – let them do the work for you!
They can help you book the best return flights, making sure you have the safest, most convenient, and cost-effective flight options, no matter how complex your travel plans.
Benefits of booking flights through STFly
Their experienced travel team offers a personalised service, drawing on decades of arranging flights for thousands of volunteers to countries around the world. Their staff have in-depth knowledge about the countries where we work and know the best ways to get you where you need to go!
Here are just some of the benefits of booking flights with STFly:
- We offset your carbon footprint by planting mangroves on one of our Conservation Projects for every international flight booked through STFly
- This is a highly personalised, speedy, and efficient service and their staff take all of your specific needs and concerns into account
- They use safe and reliable scheduled airlines
- They look for changeable tickets whenever possible
- They arrange transfers and connecting flights automatically
- They keep you up to date with all the important details – timetable changes, overnight stops or delays, baggage allowances, and time-zone and date changes
- They choose sensible routes and layover times
- They will always try to put you on the same flight as at least one other volunteer (this is useful if you are a first-time traveller, especially on our High School Specials for teenagers)
- Some of the countries we work in are small and have specific airports that cannot be booked online. Our staff are able to book the exact airports you need to fly to.
- If you want to travel independently before or after volunteering, they can help you book flights to wherever you are going, anywhere in the world
- All volunteers travelling with STFly also have access to their 24/7 emergency phone number for help with flights
Our Carbon Offsetting Initiative
When you book your flights with our trusted partner, STFly, we offset the carbon from your flights. We'll plant 6 mangroves at one of our Conservation Projects for every 1,000 kilometres travelled. Read more about how we’re making travel more sustainable via our carbon offsetting initiative.
If you have further questions about booking flights with STFly, check out our Travel FAQs section below or get in touch with us directly.
STFly can find the travel options that meet all of your personal needs. Book your flights today with STFly.
Frequently Asked Questions about Flights
Here are the most frequently asked questions about booking flights, along with our answers. If you need to know anything more, please feel free to get in touch with us. We will email back quickly or we would be happy to speak to you directly.
What is my destination airport?
You can find your destination airport for each project on your MYProjectsAbroad Page or by asking your destination expert once you have applied. In some destinations you can choose to fly to an alternative airport for an extra fee.
If I can’t fly non-stop, will I have enough time for my connecting flights?
Yes. STFly only books flights with connections guaranteed by the airlines. If there are weather-related or other delays, you will be booked on the next available flight. If that happens you should call our in-country emergency number to let us know when to meet your new flight at the airport.
What if I need to change my flights?
No problem! All you need to do is contact STFly and they will make all the necessary changes on your behalf. Changing your flights will incur penalties and possibly a fare difference. They’ll let you know the exact amount before finalising any change.
What will my baggage allowance be?
The amount of luggage you can take with you depends on each airline and booking class. Our STFly will let you know the allowance while working on your flight itineraries.
Can I choose my seats?
Maybe. This depends on the airline you are flying with. Some allow pre-arranged seating while others don’t assign seats until the day of the flight.