We believe that when well-structured and professionally managed, volunteering and interning in the developing world can make a real difference to people’s lives.
As one of the world’s leading providers of these types of experiences, we believe that we have a responsibility to take safeguarding, ethics, and standards of behaviour incredibly seriously.
With this in mind, we’ve created a number of policies, frameworks, and codes of conduct. We use them to help our staff, project partners, beneficiaries, volunteers, and interns stay safe. We also use them to encourage everyone involved to be mindful of the impact their actions and behaviour can have on others.
You can read more about these policies and how we approach our work on the links below:
- Our approach to volunteering and working with children
- Our approach to volunteering and working with animals
- Our approach to volunteering in hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Information on the impact of our projects
- Our approach to inclusion and diversity
- Our essential eligibility criteria
If you have any questions about Projects Abroad’s approach to any of these matters, we encourage you to contact us to discuss things further.