Choose a Sports Project
1-3 of 21 Projects
Take a Gap Semester Abroad in the Galapagos IslandsSee this project
- Fixed dates throughout the year
- Anyone aged 18 or over can join
- From 8 weeks
- From £6,210
Volunteer Football Coaching for High School Students in GhanaSee this project
- Fixed dates during school holidays
- This project is only for 15-18 year olds
- From 2 weeks
- From £1,570
Volunteer Football Coaching in GhanaSee this project
- Completely flexible dates
- Anyone aged 16 or over can join
- From 1 week
- From £1,270
What will I gain from sports volunteering abroad?
As a sports coach abroad, you’ll give back to a community that needs help while developing your own skills.
Here are just some of the benefits that our previous volunteers talk about:
- Soft skills like teamwork, communication, leadership, resilience, organising, planning, and time management.
- Teaching and coaching work experience.
- The ability to work and empathise with people of different cultures and backgrounds, helping to develop a ‘global mindset’.
- Confidence from pushing past your comfort zone.
All of the above will enhance your CV, UCAS applications, and your personal development.
I spent most of my time coaching the under 13s. I was given a lot of responsibility in this role and the freedom to do whatever training sessions I wanted. Although this was daunting at times, I felt that I learned a lot dealing with the children and I hope that I was able to make them better footballers. - Julien Q, Football in Ghana
Why does coaching sport abroad matter?
Our Sports Projects are about more than simply developing the sport itself. They're about giving the children you work with a better present, and the chance of a better future. This comes both from playing directly and also from values that are developed through sport, like teamwork, discipline and a sense of fair play.
Not quite what you’re looking for?
Take a look at the following pages where you'll find collections of similar projects: