Is volunteering overseas one of your life goals? Something you desperately want to tick off your bucket list? Are you struggling to find enough time in your schedule to make it happen? We can help you make this dream come true through our safe and ethical short term volunteer projects abroad!
Projects Abroad champions Responsible Volunteer Travel. So no matter what project you choose, you can be 100% guaranteed that what you do makes a difference. We can also organise short term internships abroad, where you can skills to help you thrive in the academic or working world.
Our short term volunteer abroad programmes offer:
- 24/7 support from our local teams
- Comfortable accommodation with a host family or other lodging
- Support with booking flights and visa advice
For short term volunteering, there are two main types of travel you can choose from:
- Flexi Trips: An independent volunteer adventure that has flexible start and end dates, i.e. you choose when to depart and return
- Group Trips and Tours: We have various trips that take place over set dates throughout the year. Join a group and work together to tackle a specific challenge
For more details on the organised group trips we offer, as well as general information on short volunteer trips, read on below.
Will I make an impact through short term volunteering?
Yes! Each year, thousands of people from all walks of life travel with us, and actively make a difference as a result. This happens because of the approach we take to our projects:
- We work toward achieving long-term goals guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Projects like Conservation, Childcare, Medicine, and Teaching each have a Management Plan to provide clarity and guidance
- We input data into our Global Impact Database to track progress
If you have further questions about the impact of short term volunteering abroad, read our blog about how you can really make a difference with the time you have.
How long should I volunteer abroad?
While 1-2 weeks is very short to volunteer abroad, we facilitate these trips because our projects are set up in a way that you still give back, even in a short period of time.
However, if you can spare more time to volunteer, we encourage you to stay longer! You get to spend more time at your placement (leaving a bigger footprint) and you get to know your host country better.
What do I gain from short term volunteer opportunities abroad?
Becoming an international volunteer is an exciting and different way to make the most of a short holiday abroad. We understand that time may not be on your side and you can only go for a week or two. However, you can make the most of it, and you can still benefit from the experience! For example:
- Enhance your CV for future academic or job applications
- Challenge yourself in a real-world work setting and gain global experience
- Boost soft skills such as team-building, communication, and planning
- Deepen your understanding of the challenges that different countries face
- Build new friendships from all over the world
Let us help you discover what you’re capable of!
Can I volunteer abroad for free?
As an independent organisation, we rely on funding raised through the fees our volunteers and interns pay. This means that we cannot provide any kind of financial aid for anyone looking for free short term volunteer abroad programmes. To learn more, read our blog where we explain why you can’t - and shouldn’t - volunteer abroad for free.
Choose a Short Volunteer Trip
1-3 of 205 Projects
Volunteer with Children in JamaicaSee this project
- Completely flexible dates
- Anyone aged 16 or over can join
- From 1 week
- From £1,520
Medical Internship in JamaicaSee this project
- Completely flexible dates
- Anyone aged 18 or over can join
- From 2 weeks
- From £1,740