Midwifery Elective Placements in Morocco
- Placement locations: Rabat
- Role: To gain experience from local staff and add to your previous midwifery training
- Requirements: You must speak French or Arabic to an intermediate level. You must be currently studying at university for a degree in Medicine. If you are not an elective student please go to our standard Midwifery project in Morocco page
- Type of placement: Hospitals
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Qualified supervisor, food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 3 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Taking your Midwifery Elective in Morocco will give you the opportunity to experience midwifery in a completely new environment. You will be learning from trained and experienced staff and dealing with cases that you might not be used to back home.
Projects Abroad staff are available to liaise with your university and ensure you are placed at a medical facility where the requirements of your midwifery elective can be met. Our in-country staff will ensure your pre-departure organisation goes as smoothly as possible while also being on hand to support you while you are in Morocco.
At your placement, you will be given a dedicated supervisor who will mentor you throughout your stay. They will discuss specific cases with you and answer any questions you have. They are keen for you to have a worthwhile experience in their maternity facility and will support your studies as best they can.
Your Role as an Elective Student
As a midwifery student in Morocco you will have the opportunity to work in the maternity department in one of our partner hospitals. You will shadow qualified members of staff and your supervisor. By observing the doctors and nurses, you will learn a great deal about many pregnancy related conditions and treatments.
If you show enthusiasm and initiative, and you develop a good relationship with the medical staff, you may find that you gain enough trust to be given more to do. As with any job - and especially in the field of midwifery - you must prove yourself to be competent and trustworthy before you are given extra responsibilities.
Requirements for Midwifery Electives
Students should speak a good level of French or Arabic in order to fully participate in the midwifery projects.
In your free time, there are plenty of opportunities to socialise with other students, volunteers and locals, as well as plenty of travel opportunities. By living with a local host family, you will be welcomed into a warm Moroccan home and can use the opportunity to practise your French or Arabic language skills.
Please be aware that most universities have deadlines by which time your Elective application paperwork must be completed. If your university needs information on the hospital or clinic in which you will be placed, or requires forms to be signed by your project supervisor, we strongly advise completing our application form at least one month before this deadline. We can only provide this detailed information once you have applied and been accepted onto an Elective placement with us.
If you have any questions please call us on 01903 708 300.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.