Volunteer Physiotherapy Projects in India
- Placement location: Jaipur
- Role: To work alongside dedicated local staff in the care and treatment of patients living with a variety of conditions
- Types of placements: Hospitals and special need schools
- Accommodation: Host family
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
If you choose to volunteer as a physiotherapist in India with Projects Abroad you will have the chance to work alongside highly dedicated individuals whose aim is to improve the quality of life of each patient. You could work in a variety of areas from rehabilitation in hospitals to helping children with disabilities in special care schools.
In hospitals, you will work in the physiotherapy department. Here your role will be mainly observational. You will shadow physiotherapy staff as they treat patients with a wide variety of conditions. These include may include paralysis, respiratory problems, elderly patients, and patients with neurological issues.
The hospital staff are keen for you to learn from them and will help answer your questions. They will talk to their patients mainly in Hindi, but will translate to you in English. By being enthusiastic, and becoming a reliable and keen member of the physiotherapy team, you may be given more to do.
Physiotherapy in Special Needs Schools
Projects Abroad also have placements in special needs schools for children with mental and physical disabilities. You will work with children who have developmental delays, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, and who are mentally handicapped. These schools are dedicated to providing exceptional care to the children and you will be working in a positive environment.
Our physiotherapy placements are located in Jaipur. You will live with a local host family or if you are based in a school or care centre, you may stay at the placement itself. You will have access to the diverse Projects Abroad volunteer community to explore the wonders of Jaipur and the surrounding region with.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.