Medicine Elective Placements in India
- Placement location: Jaipur
- Role: To gain experience from local staff and add to your previous medical training
- Requirements: You must be currently studying at university for a degree in Medicine. If you are not an elective student please go to our standard Medicine project in India page
- Type of placements: Hospitals
- Accommodation: Host family
- What’s included? Qualified supervisor, food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
As a Medicine Elective student with Projects Abroad in India, you will be placed in a hospital in Jaipur. You will shadow qualified members of staff who will test your knowledge and ensure you gain the most from your time in their medical facility.
Projects Abroad are experienced in supporting Medicine Elective students in India. We can liaise with your university and ensure your placement suits the requirements of your course. We can help with any paperwork that may be required prior to your participation in the programme. When you are at your placement you will be allocated a supervisor who is a qualified member of staff. They will be on hand to answer your questions and discuss specific cases with you.
Hospitals in Jaipur are busy and you will have to be energetic to keep up with the pace. You will learn a lot during your stay as you will be engaging with people who are happy to pass on their knowledge to enthusiastic students.
Available Specialisms in India
If you are specialising in one area of medicine and wish to focus on this for your elective, we can help place you in the correct medical facility. Areas of medicine available include orthopaedics, paediatrics, gynaecology & obstetrics, neurology, dermatology, urology, ophthalmology, dentistry, diabetology, ENT, oncology, radiology and you will have opportunities to observe surgery at busy general hospitals. You can also rotate through different departments. This will be agreed with you before you arrive in India.
While undertaking your Medicine Elective in India you will experience the warm hospitality of your host family. You will also be able to meet with other Projects Abroad volunteers during your time off and explore the local area.
Please be aware that most universities have deadlines by which time your Elective application paperwork must be completed. If your university needs information on the hospital or clinic in which you will be placed, or requires forms to be signed by your project supervisor, we strongly advise completing our application form at least one month before this deadline. We can only provide this detailed information once you have applied and been accepted onto an Elective placement with us.
If you have any questions please call us on 01903 708 300.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.