Volunteer Coordinator - Nepal
Vacancy for: Volunteer Coordinator
Based: Chitwan and Kathmandu
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world.
Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to support our staff teams in Chitwan and Kathmandu for at least 1 year.
Duties and responsibilities of the role
- Working alongside our team of local staff, you will be responsible for making each new volunteer feel welcome and secure in their new environment.
- You will help maintain effective communication between the Chitwan and Kathmandu offices, the volunteers and the UK office.
- You will assist in checking work and accommodation arrangements for volunteers before they arrive in Nepal.
- You will conduct inductions with new volunteers to introduce them to their host families and project colleagues and explain formalities of living and volunteering abroad.
- You will ensure that volunteer issues and concerns are dealt with efficiently
- You will help develop projects with the Country Director's guidance
- The job is busy, can involve some out-of-office hours work and can be physically demanding.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Computer literate, (Microsoft Office, databases)
- Mature and independent in attitude, must cope well with being alone
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Physically fit
- Enthusiastic to work in a different culture and relish the opportunity to work in a challenging environment
The successful candidates will be employed on a one year contract, subject to a three-month probationary period.
An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references, a criminal record check and a successful personal interview.
Salary and Benefits
Projects Abroad pays a good local salary, international flights, comprehensive travel and health insurance, a single room in shared accommodation and food allowance, as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses.
Complete the application form and provide a 2-page CV and a cover letter. Please combine both in one file (Word or PDF).
Application deadline: Monday 14th November
Start date: 5th December