US & Canada Program Advisor - Mexico
Vacancy for: Program Advisor for US & Canada
Based: Guadalajara, Mexico
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Program Advisor is the entry-level position in the Recruitment team at Projects Abroad. We are not currently hiring for this position based in our Guadalajara (Mexico) office. However we are collecting CVs for consideration the next time a position becomes available.
- Promote Projects Abroad, both in-person and remotely
- Design informational materials for perspective volunteers, both in print and online
- Advise prospective volunteers on the best countries and projects to suit their interests
- Assist upcoming volunteers prepare for the trips, and liaise with other Projects Abroad offices around the world
- Be a university graduate – a liberal arts major is desirable
- Be fluent in English, both spoken and written – knowledge of French or Spanish is desirable
- Have spent a significant amount of time working or traveling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries
- Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in a fun but small office environment
- Have good phone and interpersonal skills, knowledge of MS Office programs, and well-honed writing abilities. An interest in international affairs is desirable
- Be located in or willing to relocate to Guadalajara
- Be legally eligible to work in Mexico
Program Advisors are employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. Salaries are dependent on location and experience. Agreed day-to-day work-related expenses and employer-funded health insurance are also provided; vacation time starts at twenty days per year.
Please complete the online application form and upload your CV and a cover letter.
Strong candidates will be contacted to arrange a telephone interview and/or in-person interview.