Medicine Elective Placements in Morocco
- Placement location: Rabat
- Role: To gain experience from local staff and add to your previous medical training
- Requirements: You must speak French to an intermediate level. You must be currently studying at university for a degree in Medicine. If you are not an elective student please go to our standard Medicine projects in Morocco page
- Type of placements: Hospitals and clinics
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Qualified supervisor, food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
If you take your medicine elective in Morocco you will have an excellent opportunity to learn about medical practices in another culture. At the same time you will be helping the local people who depend on the services provided by the hospital or clinic where you will work.
Projects Abroad are experienced in catering for students taking their medicine electives overseas. We are happy to liaise with your university where required and our in-country staff will make sure your placement allows you to meet the objectives of your elective module. When in Morocco you will have a dedicated supervisor, a qualified doctor, who you will shadow throughout your stay. They will ensure you have time to discuss specific case studies and will answer your questions.
Options for Elective Students
As a Medicine student in Morocco you have the opportunity to work in a number of departments in one of our partner hospitals or clinics, depending on your specialism. Options include dermatology, gynaecology, paediatrics and surgery. By observing the doctors and nurses, you will learn about different conditions and treatments. You may help with tasks such as taking vital signs and helping to carry out physical examinations.
Students should speak a good level of French in order to fully participate in the medical projects.
In your free time, there are plenty of opportunities to socialise with other medical students, volunteers and locals, as well as lots of travel opportunities. By living with a local host family, you will be welcomed into a warm Moroccan home and can use the opportunity to practise your French or Arabic language skills.
Please be aware that most universities have deadlines by which time your Elective application paperwork must be completed. If your university needs information on the hospital or clinic in which you will be placed, or requires forms to be signed by your project supervisor, we strongly advise completing our application form at least one month before this deadline. We can only provide this detailed information once you have applied and been accepted onto an Elective placement with us.
If you have any questions please call us on 01903 708 300.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.