Volunteer French Teaching Projects in Romania
- Placement locations: Brasov
- Types of schools: Secondary
- Age of students: 12 - 18
- Class sizes: Approx. 30
- Role: Teacher or teaching assistant
- REQUIREMENTS: Advanced level of French
- EXTRA-CURRICULAR ROLES: Art, Drama, Sports
- Accommodation: Host familiess
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 4 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Joining our volunteer French Teaching project in Romania is a great way to gain classroom experience while helping students to improve their French language skills. You don’t need to have any official qualifications or experience to join this placement – simply an advanced level of French and a dedication to helping others learn.
Projects Abroad have partnered with several secondary schools in and around Brasov. Your role will be to help students improve their conversational French abilities. Depending on your confidence levels and experience, you will be able to assist the local teachers or take a class yourself. After school, you have the opportunity to get involved in coaching extracurricular activities such as sports, drama and art.
There are usually about thirty students in a class and we work mainly with children aged between 12 and 18, but there is sometimes the chance to work with younger students. Please let us know when you apply if this is your preference.
Our Teaching project coordinator in Romania organises regular workshops for our volunteers. These workshops are an opportunity for you to discuss lesson ideas and classroom activities, get help with any issues you might have, and share tips and advice with staff and fellow volunteers.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Romania Teaching Management Plan.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.