Volunteer French Teaching Projects in Morocco
- Placement locations: Rabat
- Types of schools: Primary, Secondary, Language Schools
- Age of students: 6 - 20
- Class sizes: 10 - 15
- Role: Teacher
- REQUIREMENTS: Advanced level of French
- Accommodation: Host families
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 3 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
French is used as the language of government and commerce in Morocco, and is the first or second language of many of the country’s citizens. As a French teacher in Morocco, you can help disadvantaged local students to improve their spoken and written French abilities, boosting their confidence, language skills and future prospects.
Projects Abroad have partnered with a number of primary, secondary and special language schools in Rabat. You can choose to assist the local teacher, teach with other volunteers or take classes yourself, depending on your confidence and experience.
Your main focus will be on improving students’ conversational abilities, and there will also be a chance to provide struggling students with individual attention. If you would like to get involved in extracurricular activities, there is the option to help out with drama or English clubs.
Our Teaching project coordinator in Morocco organises a monthly workshop for our volunteers. These workshops are an opportunity for you to discuss lesson ideas and classroom activities, get help with any issues you might have, and share tips and advice with staff and fellow volunteers.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Morocco Teaching Management Plan.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.