Volunteer French Teaching Projects in Ethiopia
- Placement locations: Addis Ababa
- Types of schools: Language schools
- Age of students: Adults
- Role: Teacher
- REQUIREMENTS: Advanced level of French
- Accommodation: Host families
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 4 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Joining our volunteer French Teaching project in Ethiopia is a great way to gain classroom experience while helping students to improve their French language skills. You don’t need to have any official qualifications or experience to join this placement – simply an advanced level of French and a passion for helping others learn.
As a French teacher, you will work in a local language school, which is attended by high school graduates. It is possible to teach French for up to 20 hours per week – the rest of the time, you can help to teach English at the centre or assist with general teaching at a local primary school.
This language school Teaching placement is available for the whole day during the summer in July and August. From September to June, volunteers will only teach in the late afternoons/evenings from 5.30pm – 7.30pm due to fluctuating student numbers.
Our Teaching project coordinator in Ethiopia organises a monthly workshop for our volunteers. These workshops are an opportunity for you to discuss lesson ideas and classroom activities, get help with any issues you might have, and share tips and advice with staff and fellow volunteers.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Ethiopia Teaching Management Plan.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.