Volunteer French Teaching Projects in Argentina
- Placement locations: Cordoba
- Types of schools: Secondary Schools, Institutes, Universities
- Age of students: 6 - adults
- Class sizes: 20 - 35
- Role: Teaching assistant
- REQUIREMENTS: Advanced level of French
- Accommodation: Host families
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 3 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Volunteering as a French teacher in Argentina is a great way to gain classroom experience while helping students to improve their French language skills. You don’t need to have any official qualifications or experience to join this placement – simply an advanced level of French and a passion for helping others learn.
Projects Abroad have partnered with a number of public and private secondary schools, as well as language institutes and universities. Most of these placements are based in the city of Córdoba, as well as surrounding areas. Your main role will be as a teaching assistant, working to improve the conversational abilities of the students. However, you will be able to take on a more active role if you are proactive and proficient.
We do recommend that all Teaching volunteers in Argentina speak some Spanish. Volunteers who do not speak Spanish will work in private schools or in informal teaching settings. Those with some Spanish skills will work in public schools.
Our Teaching project coordinators in Argentina organise regular workshops for our volunteers. These workshops will provide you with tools and tips on lesson planning and ideas for different classroom activities. They are also an opportunity for you to get help with any issues you might have, and receive or give feedback.
The schools in Argentina have their main holidays from the start of December to the end of February, with a shorter holiday in July. During these times volunteers can join our summer school programme.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Argentina Teaching Management Plan.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.