Programme Advisor - UK
Vacancy for: UK Programme Advisor
Based: Goring-by-Sea, West Sussex
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas. Annually we recruit over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to over 30 developing countries. We put enormous importance on the welfare of our volunteers during their time with us overseas – our global team is committed to providing our volunteers with worthwhile work and the experience of a lifetime.
Your role as Programme Advisor in the UK sales and marketing team:
- You will work as a member of our recruitment team based in Goring-by-Sea, helping to recruit volunteers from the UK market
- You will talk to potential volunteers and their parents on the phone and reply to email enquiries
- The work is varied and may include some time travelling around the UK as well as office-based work
- You will occasionally visit schools and universities to meet potential volunteers, parents and teachers at careers fairs and other events
You should be:
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Some experience in Sales and Marketing preferred
- Entitled to work in the United Kingdom
- An excellent communicator with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the internet)
- An enthusiastic traveller (preferably having spent some time working or volunteering in a developing country)
- Innovative and self-motivated, relishing a new challenge
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- A team player who enjoys working as part of a team
- Friendly and personable, you must respond well to others
- You should be prepared to work flexible hours although a normal office day will run from 10am to 6:30pm. The job will include some weekend work
- Able to drive (preferable)
Contract, salary and benefits
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Salary & benefits
- 20 holiday days per year
- You will be paid a competitive salary based on skills and experience, which will be discussed during the interview
Please send us:
- A one-page cover letter telling us why you are the ideal candidate for the role
- A one-page CV highlighting the experience and qualifications relevant for this role
Please combine the cover letter and CV into a single document (Word or PDF), and upload this to our online recruitment system.