French Programme Advisor - South Africa
Vacancy for: French Programme Advisor
Based: Cape Town
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
We’re looking for Programme Advisors to help inspire potential volunteers from France to join one of our projects. You’ll be based in Cape Town, and you’ll work closely with the French Country Director based in France.
The main objective of the position is to sell our projects with confidence and increase the number of volunteers on the field. As a Programme Advisor, your main goal will be to advise prospective volunteers on the best countries and projects to suit their interests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sorting and answering inquiries and providing information about the projects, destinations and the functioning of Projects Abroad as an organisation
- Staying up-to-date on all the projects and programmes we offer
- Promoting Projects Abroad remotely, using email, telephone and online chat
- Assist upcoming volunteers prepare for the trips, and liaise with other Projects Abroad offices around the world
- Be a university graduate in Communications, Marketing or related fields
- Be fluent in English and a native speaker of French
- Have experience in sales and marketing (digital marketing experience preferred)
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Have spent a significant amount of time working or travelling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries
- Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in an office environment
- Have good phone and interpersonal skills, knowledge of MS Office programs, and well-honed writing abilities
- Have an interest in international affairs
This is a permanent position, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply: please complete the online application and provide a two-page CV and a cover letter.