Animal Care Volunteer Projects in Romania
- Placement locations: Outskirts of Brasov
- Role: To assist with the feeding and the general care of the animals
- Type of Placement: Dog rescue shelter
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
The Animal Care Project in Romania is based at a dog rescue centre, on the outskirts of Brasov. This voluntary Animal Care placement is suitable for people who are passionate about the protection of animals and for those who enjoy the outdoors.
The project is suitable for gap year students, university students and those taking a career break. This Animal Care project is aimed at volunteers who are ready to get stuck in with whatever tasks are needed at the centre!
Volunteering on an Animal Care Placement in Romania with Projects Abroad
The dogs that end up at the shelter are stray dogs from the street. They are brought to the shelter where they are given a full medical check-up and are treated for parasites and any other problems. The dogs are fed every morning and taken to an exercise pen either individually or in groups.
Volunteers should prepare to be involved in all these aspects of the running of the shelter, from feeding and exercising to assisting with surgical procedures in the small on-site veterinary clinic.
All volunteers stay with a local host family in Brasov and will get local transport to work each day. This project is available all year round.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.