Volunteer Speech Therapy Projects in Vietnam
- Placement locations: Rural locations
- Role: To work under the direction of local staff at a rehabilitation centre
- Types of placements Rehabilitation centres
- Requirements: Volunteers must have completed at least one year of Speech Therapy studies or training
- Accommodation: On site accommodation at the rehabilitation centre
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Projects Abroad offers voluntary placements in Speech Therapy to volunteers who are studying or have some experience or qualifications in this area.
Projects Abroad Speech Therapy volunteers work under the direction of local staff at a rehabilitation centre, which cares for disabled children who suffer from the legacy of the Vietnamese War and other causes. This centre is outside Hanoi in a rural community.
Volunteers stay on site, at the rehabilitation centre. You will be able to spend time experiencing the sights and sounds of the area with the other volunteers and can travel to Hanoi centre at weekends.
To get the most out of this project, we encourage volunteers to sign up for the Vietnamese Language Course either before or during their placement.
It is possible to join the Speech Therapy project at the rehabilitation centre for just two weeks, if you don’t have time to join us for longer, however, please be aware that you may not be able to make the same impact as someone volunteering for a longer period.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Vietnam Medicine & Healthcare Management Plan.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.
If you have qualifications or experience in this field then we can make use of your skills. Read more about the opportunities for skilled volunteers in Vietnam.