Volunteer Physiotherapy Projects in Romania
- Placement location: Brasov
- Role: To assist local staff with the care of babies, children and adults
- Types of placements: Day care centre and foster home
- Requirements: Volunteers must be aged 18 years or older and have completed at least one year of Physiotherapy related studies or training
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Volunteering on a Physiotherapy Project in Romania can be demanding, but very rewarding. Volunteers wanting to take part in a Physiotherapy project will be based in one of two centres that care for children and adults with disabilities.
Physiotherapy volunteers work closely with their project supervisor who will be a local qualified physiotherapist. At first you will observe the procedures and in time, depending on experience, you will be able to assist with the exercises.
One of the placements we can offer is at a foster home for children with severe disabilities. Many of the children are confined to cots and are desperately in need of attention and stimulation. Whilst there is a qualified physiotherapist, this placement is suited to those who are more experienced and are happy to work with a level of independence. The second placement is a day care facility for children and adults with varying levels of disability.
Both placements can be emotionally challenging and volunteers should be prepared to see patients with advanced illnesses, severe disabilities and incurable diseases.
You must be available to fulfil a minimum of two weeks on this project, but it is preferred that you volunteer for a longer period of time. All volunteers must be 18 years old or over and should have at least a year of related studies or training.
While volunteering in Romania you will live with a local host family. You can explore the wonders of the region with the Projects Abroad volunteer community.
You can join a Physiotherapy project in Romania for two weeks if you don't have time to join us for four weeks or more. This project has been selected by our local colleagues as being suitable for short term volunteering for both the host community and the volunteer. Although you will gain a valuable cultural insight and work intensely within the local community please be aware that you may not be able to make the same impact as someone volunteering for a longer period.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Romania Medicine & Healthcare Management Plan.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.