Volunteer Dentistry Projects in Cambodia
- Placement location: Phnom Penh
- Role: To work alongside skilled local dentists, learning from their knowledge of various disorders and treatments
- Types of placements: Hospitals and private clinics
- Requirements: Volunteers must have completed at least three years of dentistry related studies or training
- Accommodation: Shared volunteer apartments
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 4 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Dentistry graduates and students who have completed at least 3 years of dentistry studies can volunteer with Projects Abroad in Cambodia. Dentistry volunteers work in the dentistry department of the State Hospital in Phnom Penh and at a private dentistry clinic.
While on your placement you will be involved with the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of dental problems as well as the investigation and treatment of mouth disorders and surgical treatment of deformities of the mouth and jaw.
As with all medical related placements your role will usually start by being observational and will then depend on your level of experience and skill. Showing enthusiasm and initiative and developing a good relationship with the local dentistry staff is essential and may lead to you gaining a more hands-on role.
You will work Monday to Fridays from 8am to 12pm. There are some staff who speak English, and some will speak French, so an understanding of basic French may also help.
While you are in Cambodia, you will live in one of our Projects Abroad apartments with other volunteers. You can spend your time experiencing the delights of Phnom Penh with the Projects Abroad volunteer community.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Cambodia Medicine & Healthcare Management Plan.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.
If you have qualifications or experience in this field then we can make use of your skills. Read more about the opportunities for skilled volunteers in Cambodia.