Projects Abroad Care Management Plans
At Projects Abroad we are constantly striving to improve our projects both to benefit the partner organisations we work with and the volunteers joining the programmes.
The Care Management Plans are put together by us each year after conducting a thorough needs assessment with our partner placements and local communities.
We use the Care Management Plans to:
- Define a clear purpose for our Care programmes.
- Document our mission and goals so they are clear to everyone involved in the project; our volunteers, staff and partners.
- Connect the daily tasks of the volunteers to a greater purpose, a bigger picture.
- Help us focus our resources to the most important causes.
- Give more structure to the volunteers’ work.
- Make sure that there is consistency and sustainability in the work of our thousands of volunteers.
- Help monitor and evaluate our impact.
Mission and Goals of the Care Management Plans
Our mission is to encourage young people to volunteer for worthwhile work in developing countries. We expect that doing this kind of voluntary work will in time become the norm. As more and more people join us, we aim to create a multi-national community with a passion to serve, to learn, to understand, to teach, to inspire and to be inspired.
CARE PROGRAMME MISSION
Our Care Programme mission is to provide sustainable educational support, care and protection to disadvantaged children and vulnerable groups to enhance their physical, social, emotional and cognitive development.
1. Increase literacy
2. Increase numeracy
3. Improve English
4. Promote early childhood development
5. Improve hygiene levels of the children
6. Raise awareness of healthy living, the environment and family planning
7. Increase emotional support and care to children
8. Improve the level of stimulation to each child
9. Improve the quality of life for those living with disabilities
Daily and weekly tasks and activities carried out by Projects Abroad volunteers