Business Internships and Work Experience in Mexico
- Placement location: Guadalajara
- Role: To assist staff at a consulting firm with specific cases for clients
- Business Sectors: Marketing, branding, corporate communication and crisis management
- Requirements: Must be 17 years or older and speak basic to intermediate Spanish
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What's included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What's not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 4 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Projects Abroad’s Business internship in Mexico is an ideal opportunity to gain valuable work experience in the bustling capital city of Guadalajara. This volunteer placement is ideal for those on a gap year looking to be accepted onto a university business course, as well as university students or recent graduates looking to gain experience in this competitive, fast-paced field.
Volunteering on a Business Project in Mexico with Projects Abroad
Business interns will work alongside staff at a consulting firm that specialises in marketing, branding, corporate communication and crisis management. Their clients include private companies, NGOs and various government departments. You will assist consultants with specific cases for clients, depending on your interests and the projects taken on by the firm at that time.
Throughout the placement you are expected to be punctual, professional and hard-working. You will be required to work an average of 35 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday. Volunteers need to be able to speak Spanish at a basic to intermediate level. You could consider taking a Spanish Language Course before joining the Business project.
On your first day at work, you will be assigned a supervisor who will be able to advise and support you throughout your placement and there will also be Projects Abroad staff on hand. The minimum duration for the project is four weeks.
Volunteers thinking about joining a Business placement should also consider using their business skills and experience to help a local NGO through our International Development project in Mexico.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.
All volunteers taking part on any project in Mexico now have the opportunity to add a 1 Week Conservation Add-On to the end of their main placement.