Volunteer Nursing Projects in Vietnam
- Placement location: Hanoi
- Role: To work alongside skilled hospital staff in a number of different departments within the hospital
- Type of Placements: Hospitals
- REQUIREMENTS: Volunteers must have completed at least one year of medical related studies
- Accommodation: Host family or shared volunteer apartment
- Price: From
- What’s included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Projects Abroad offers volunteering placements in Nursing to those looking to gain work experience. Volunteers on this project will work in a city hospital in Hanoi, Vietnam. These placements offer a fantastic insight into how local procedures and patient support are carried out in Vietnam compared to back home.
Nursing volunteers work in a fast paced environment and have various departments to choose from, including paediatrics, orthopaedics and, among others, urology. These departments will be well equipped and near the standard of departments in western hospitals.
You role as a Nursing volunteer in Vietnam
As a volunteer on the Nursing project, your role is to help prepare surgical equipment for surgery, transfer patients to the operating rooms, observe and care for patients after their surgeries.
Showing initiative and building a good relationship with your fellow nurses will enable you to get the most out of your placement.
You will live with other Projects Abroad volunteers in shared accommodation or with a local host family. There is so much to explore and discover in Hanoi and you will get to know other volunteers.
You can join the Nursing project in Vietnam for two or three weeks if you don't have time to join us for four weeks or more. Please be aware that the number of departments you can experience may be limited and you may not be able to make the same impact as someone here for a longer period.
You can read more detailed information about the aims of the project in our Vietnam Medicine & Healthcare Management Plan.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.