Physiotherapy Elective Placements in India
- Placement locations: Jaipur
- Role: To gain experience from local staff and add to your previous physiotherapy training
- Requirements: You must be currently studying at university for a degree in Physiotherapy. If you are not an elective student please go to our standard Physiotherapy project in India page
- Type of placement: Hospitals and schools for children with special needs
- Accommodation: Host family or placement
- What’s included? Qualified supervisor, food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
By taking your Physiotherapy Elective in India you can focus of various aspects of physiotherapy. These may include helping with the rehabilitation of accident or stroke victims and working with children with special needs.
Projects Abroad will help make sure you are placed according to your specialism and will work with your university to ensure you can meet the requirements of your elective module. When in India, you will be allocated a qualified member of staff who will be your supervisor. You will shadow them and other trained staff. Your supervisor will be able to discuss specific cases with you and stretch your knowledge and experience in the field. Your role will usually start be being observational, but by being pro-active and showing your skills, you may be given more to do to help support the local staff.
Options for Elective Placements
You could be placed in a physiotherapy department within a hospital where you can experience areas such as paediatrics, paralysis, respiratory care, geriatrics, orthopaedics, and patients with neurological issues. Hospital staff will communicate with patients in Hindi but will translate into English for you. Write down any interesting cases as you experience them so that you can discuss them later with your supervisor.
Projects Abroad also have placements in special needs schools. Here you will work with children who have developmental delays, cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, and who are mentally handicapped. These schools are dedicated to providing exceptional care to the children and you will be working in a positive environment.
Our physiotherapy placements are located in Jaipur. You will live with a local host family or if you are based in a school or care centre, you may stay at the placement itself. You will have access to the diverse Projects Abroad volunteer community to explore the wonders of Jaipur and the surrounding region with.
Please be aware that most universities have deadlines by which time your Elective application paperwork must be completed. If your university needs information on the hospital or clinic in which you will be placed, or requires forms to be signed by your project supervisor, we strongly advise completing our application form at least one month before this deadline. We can only provide this detailed information once you have applied and been accepted onto an Elective placement with us.
If you have any questions please call us on 01903 708 300.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.