Community Farming Volunteer Projects in Argentina
- Placement location: Villa Rumipal
- Role: Volunteers assist with work at an organic farming site
- Accommodation: Hostel in Villa Rumipal
- Price: From
- What's included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, travel and medical insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What's not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Volunteers who join the Agriculture & Farming project in Argentina will work at an organic and sustainable farming plot based in the same location as our Animal Care project in Villa Rumipal, just over 100km away from Cordoba.
No farming or gardening experience is needed as you will receive training at the project. You can join this project on a gap year, career break or as part of a holiday period.
Organic and Sustainable Farming in Villa Rumipal
Have you ever wondered what the process of organic farming involves? Now is your chance to find out! Volunteers will have the opportunity to work at an organic farm situated in the Pumakawa Nature Reserve.
As a volunteer, you will be involved in:
- The organic farming process
- The sustainable use of resources
- Crop rotation and pest control
- Types of compost and the decomposition process
- Health management of rabbits
- Production of free range eggs
Currently, the project does not receive any support from the government and as a result, some of the vegetables grown in the garden are sold to the locals for a small amount of money. On this project, volunteers not only get to learn about farming, but will also contribute to the sustainability of this worthwhile project.
You can join the Agriculture & Farming projects in Argentina for two or three weeks if you don't have time to join us for four weeks or more. You will gain a valuable cultural insight and work intensely within the local community. However, please be aware that you may not have the same impact as someone participating for a longer period.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.