Physiotherapy Elective Placements in Nepal
- Placement locations: Kathmandu and Chitwan
- Role: To gain experience from local staff and add to your previous physiotherapy training
- Requirements: You must be currently studying at university for a degree in Physiotherapy. If you are not an elective student please go to our standard Physiotherapy project in Nepal page
- Type of placement: Hospitals, rehabilitation centres and centre for children with disabilites
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Qualified supervisor, food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
If you are considering taking your Physiotherapy Elective abroad, then why not consider Nepal? Projects Abroad has partnered with a number of rehabilitation clinics where you can work. Alternatively you can choose to be placed in a hospital or disabled centre.
As a physiotherapy student you will shadow a local member of staff. You will learn how a busy physiotherapy department works and you will gain knowledge by observing and asking questions. As your placement progresses and you work hard to show your enthusiasm you will be able to gain more hands on experience.
The experience will be rewarding and you will learn a lot. If you need to discuss case studies with your supervisor, they will be on hand to do so.
We have a number of placements available. You could choose to be placed in a rehabilitation centre for disabled children treating the effects of congenital problems or results of accidents. You may wish to be in a hospital within a neurological department, spinal unit or in orthopaedics, and we have a placement treating outpatients who travel weekly for treatment. You will work on patients with many primary problems, but also be treating neglected or misdiagnosed conditions.
Outreach Work in Nepal
In addition to your regular placement, you may be able to take part in various outreach programmes. You may visit schools, take part in school outreach projects or a health camp.
Our staff in Nepal are highly experienced in coordinating Elective placements. They will work closely with you to strive to ensure all of your university requirements are met.
While you are completing your Physiotherapy Elective in Nepal you will live with one of our host families or in a hostel. You will have the chance to spend your free time with new Nepali friends and the Projects Abroad volunteer community in the area where you are based.
Please be aware that most universities have deadlines by which time your Elective application paperwork must be completed. If your university needs information on the hospital or clinic in which you will be placed, or requires forms to be signed by your project supervisor, we strongly advise completing our application form at least one month before this deadline. We can only provide this detailed information once you have applied and been accepted onto an Elective placement with us.
If you have any questions please call us on 01903 708 300.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.