Physiotherapy Elective Placements in Morocco
- Placement locations: Rabat
- Role: To gain experience from local staff and add to your previous physiotherapy training
- Requirements: You must speak French or Arabic to an intermediate level. You must be currently studying at university for a degree in Physiotherapy. If you are not an elective student please go to our standard Physiotherapy project in Morocco page
- Type of placement: Day-care centres for children and young adults with disabilities
- Accommodation: Host family
- Price: From
- What’s included? Qualified supervisor, food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What’s not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Our Physiotherapy Elective placements are within day-care centres for children and young adults with various learning and physical disabilities. You will work alongside qualified staff, using your creativity in an environment with fewer resources than you will be used to.
Projects Abroad will work with you and your university to make sure your placement will meet the objectives of your elective module. Our in-country staff will help you through the pre-departure process and be on hand to help with any specific paperwork needed.
Supervision in Morocco
When you are in Morocco, you will be allocated a supervisor who will be a qualified member of staff. They will discuss specific cases with you and answer your questions. They will be keen for you to have a fulfilling time at the placement.
Physiotherapy students can work in a day-care centre for children aged from 3 – 12 years old. They have varying degrees of disabilities and special needs. The school carries out a lot of therapies and has its own small animal unit and gardens. The children thrive here and you will be able to help make a difference to the quality of their lives.
Requirements for Elective Students
To take your Physiotherapy Elective in Morocco, you need to be able to speak a good level of French or Arabic. Please note, this project is not available from mid-June to mid-September.
While you are in Morocco, you will live with one of our host families. Here you can experience the warm hospitality of the Moroccan people, while brushing up on your French or Arabic language speaking skills. You will also become part of our vibrant Projects Abroad volunteer community.
Please be aware that most universities have deadlines by which time your Elective application paperwork must be completed. If your university needs information on the hospital or clinic in which you will be placed, or requires forms to be signed by your project supervisor, we strongly advise completing our application form at least one month before this deadline. We can only provide this detailed information once you have applied and been accepted onto an Elective placement with us.
If you have any questions please call us on 01903 708 300.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.