Community Farming Volunteer Projects in Argentina
- Placement location: Cordoba or Villa Rumipal
- Role: Volunteers are involved in managing a community vegetable garden or assisting with work at an organic farming site
- Accommodation: Host families in Cordoba, hostel in Villa Rumipal
- Price: From
- What's included? Food, accommodation, transfers to and from our specified airport, transport to and from work where required, travel and medical insurance, personal webpage, induction and orientation, 24/7 support
- What's not included? Flights, visa costs, spending money
- Length of placement: From 2 weeks
- Start dates: Flexible
Volunteers who join the Agriculture & Farming project in Argentina have the choice of working at a community vegetable garden at one of our care centres in Cordoba or working at an organic and sustainable farming plot based at our Animal Care project in Villa Rumipal, just over 100km away from Cordoba.
When applying to take part on this project, please let us know which option you would like to join.
No farming or gardening experience is needed as you will receive training at the project. You can join this project on a gap year, career break or as part of a holiday period.
Community Farming at a Care Centre in Cordoba
If you are passionate about farming or gardening and want to meet local people, then this project is a good option for you. Volunteers who choose this option will be placed at one of our care placement vegetable gardens, based in Cordoba. Not only will you get to learn about vegetable gardening, but you will get to work and socialise with children and local staff at the project.
As a volunteer, you will assist with:
- Planting new seeds
- Building and fencing enclosures
- Creating a display area for seeds and herbs
- Harvesting and selling the vegetables to locals
In addition to the above tasks, volunteers also get the chance to arrange workshops to help educate local people about the advantages of growing their own vegetables and how to get started and/or have a day visit to farms or local markets (depending on the weather). With the help of volunteers on this project, we are hoping to expand to new sites over the coming years. Your contribution to the project will depend on the time of the year, as well as the needs of the project at that time.
Organic and Sustainable Farming in Villa Rumipal
Have you ever wondered what the process of organic farming is exactly or how free range eggs are produced? Well, now is your chance to find out. Volunteers who choose this option will have the opportunity to work at an organic farm site located about100km from Cordoba.
As a volunteer, you will be involved in:
- The organic farming process
- The sustainable use of resources
- Crop rotation and pest control
- Types of compost and the decomposition process
- Health management of rabbits
- Production of free range eggs
Currently, the project does not receive any support from the government and as a result, some of the vegetables grown in the garden are sold to the locals for a small amount of money. On this project, volunteers not only get to learn about farming, but will also contribute to the sustainability of this worthwhile project.
You can join the Agriculture & Farming projects in Argentina for two or three weeks if you don't have time to join us for four weeks or more. You will gain a valuable cultural insight and work intensely within the local community. However, please be aware that you may not have the same impact as someone participating for a longer period.
This placement is fully researched, safety audited and risk assessed in accordance with the British Standard BS8848 for the Adventure Travel Sector.