Volunteer Coordinator - Vietnam
Vacancy: Short Term Volunteer Coordinator
Based: Hanoi, Vietnam (and nearby rural areas)
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada and Australia to do worthwhile volunteer work overseas. We love making a positive difference in communities around the world. In Vietnam, we run projects where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and care.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We are looking for 2 young Vietnamese graduates who are passionate about our mission. The selected candidates will help coordinate young volunteers from overseas during their stay in Vietnam. This is a good opportunity to gain work experience in an international environment. The work will be based at our Projects Abroad office in Hanoi, as well as our partners' locations. The job will involve trips with the volunteers away from the city and it will be physically demanding and busy, so you should be prepared to work flexible hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct inductions (explaining the formalities of living and volunteering in Vietnam)
- Assist with daily work schedule for volunteers
- Manage and coordinate the volunteer’s daily activities. Be proactive on allocating work for them
- Organise educational game activities with volunteers, for children at the placements
- Organise quiz nights/social events for volunteers
- You will be responsible for the well-being of the volunteers
- With the advice of your manager, resolve any problems or issues that arise with volunteers at the placements
- Support volunteers in their work including providing informal interpretation and translation if needed
- Provide logistical support in and out of the office
- Perform other tasks as required
- You should be a Vietnamese citizen
- Good command of English, including the ability to translate from Vietnamese to English and vice-versa
- A University degree in Social work is preferable, but previous experience is a higher priority
- Good Organisational skills. Ability to work in a team and individually
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience coaching others
- A friendly and personable demeanour
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic about working with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Flexible and able to take directions and accept feedback from supervisors
- Physically fit and able to travel
- Able to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- Mature in attitude and outlook
- Good computer skills, familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- Some knowledge of development work is advantageous, but not essential
The successful candidates will be employed on a short-term contract. Start date: early June – End date: late July/early August. An offer of employment is dependant upon receipt of satisfactory references, and two successful interviews.
Salary: Between USD 200 and USD 300 per month, depending on experience.
To apply, please complete the online application form and provide a cover letter and CV in English.