Swedish Content Creator - South Africa
Vacancy for: Swedish Content Creator
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
How to Apply: Please use the "Apply" button on this page. Do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re expanding our digital content team in Cape Town, and we’re looking for an enthusiastic writer who is looking to gain experience in digital marketing and content creation. This is an excellent opportunity to work for an international organisation with offices across the globe.
Working closely with our teams worldwide, you will help create and manage content for our Swedish website (www.projects-abroad.se). This will include:
- Ensuring that our Swedish website is up to date, including web copy, pictures and videos
- Creating content campaigns that will appeal to a wide target audience across multiple channels, including web, social media and newsletters
- Creating email newsletters
- Selecting and creating social media content (especially for Facebook)
- Writing and editing brochures and other printed materials
- Writing press releases
- Writing blog posts
- SEO monitoring and improvement
- Helping advise prospective volunteers
- Live in South Africa, preferably in Cape Town
- Have a valid South African work permit, or be eligible for one
- Speak and write Swedish to a native level
- Have good English language skills, as the working language of the company is English
- Be an excellent writer. Experience in online content creation would be preferable.
- Be reliable, pro-active and flexible
- Be interested in gaining experience in content creation and digital marketing
- Be interested in travel
- Enjoy working with people from all over the world
Contract, salary and benefits:
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
Salary & benefits
You will be paid a competitive salary as well as agreed day-to-day work-related expenses; the exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you. We’re looking for:
1) A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role
2) A one-page CV, clearly outlining the experience or training relevant to this role