Student Assistant - Denmark
Vacancy for: Student Assistant - Projects Abroad Sweden
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Mode of employment: 10-12 hours per week
How to Apply: Please use the "Apply" button on this page. Do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad is the leading volunteer organization recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas. Annually, we send over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to 30 developing countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation. To recruit our fee-paying volunteers, we use a variety of offline and online marketing measures.
To help with developing the Swedish market, we are now looking for a motivated and independent candidate to help our Swedish Country Director with various tasks pertaining to the Swedish office.
Your role as a student worker:
Your role will comprise a varied list of tasks but adjusted to the limited hours. The following list gives an example of the varied work you may do.
-Sales and Advisory
• Advising prospective volunteers on the optimal countries and projects to suit their interests by email, chat and phone.
• Assisting with handling post-application enquiries from volunteers
• Consult regularly with Projects Abroad colleagues in order to have up-to-date information
-Marketing & Communication:
• Assisting with planning and execution of Open Day events, high school presentations and other events when needed
• Planning and execution of online marketing tasks such as campaign development, SEA campaign work and social media upkeeping
• Assisting with development of flyers and other needed material for print
• Website updates and improvements including SEO work
• Assisting with writing newsletters and translating texts from English into Swedish
• Coordinating the alumni network
• Keeping the alumni and opinion leaders’ database up to date
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Be flexible in terms of availability, for marketing events
The ideal candidate:
• Is a university student (Bachelor or Master level) or similar - preferably within the areas of sales, marketing, communication, business administration, tourism, or similar
• Communicates fluently in English and Swedish – both spoken and written. An understanding of Danish is preferred.
• Is creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in a small office environment.
• Has good phone and interpersonal skills, knowledge of MS Office programs, and well-honed writing abilities.
• Has spent a significant amount of time working or travelling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries.
We offer you:
To become a part of an international work environment in an exciting organisation that aims to bring about change in developing countries while gaining some valuable experience within marketing, sales and communication. You will get the opportunity to work with developing the Swedish market and actively get to use your skills. You will receive a thorough training to handle the tasks pertaining to your position and have sparring from your colleagues all over the world.
You will be based in Copenhagen where you will work from the Danish branch office which based in a central part of the capital – more precisely in Frederiksberg- in close proximity to Metro and buses.
We are a small team that works closely together to achieve the goals set out for our local markets.
We have an informal and very collegial work environment.
Work hours and schedules: 10-12 hours per week placed within our office hours from 08.30-16.30. Some travel within the country and occasional work in evenings in connection to events should be expected.
Contract, salary and benefits:
You will be employed on a temporary contract under the Danish Salaried Employees Act (Funktionærloven), subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and a personal interview.
We offer you a base salary of 6000 DKK plus a 10% pensions scheme
Overtime is remunerated with time off in the proportion 1:1.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: June 12th. We expect Interviews to take place shortly after application deadline.
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Country Director for Denmark Rikke Lizette Christensen at email@example.com / +45 42 40 90 20
– or –
Country Director for Sweden Lars Lindberg at firstname.lastname@example.org / +46 08-55 921 116
To apply: please complete the application form and upload your CV and cover letter in a single word-file.