Sales and Marketing Representative - Dubai
Vacancy for: Sales and Marketing Representative - (Part-Time)
Do you want to work for an inspiring global organisation and be part of our start-up in the Gulf region? Projects Abroad is seeking a Sales & Marketing Representative for our recruitment efforts.
Projects Abroad (www.projects-abroad.ae) and Projects Abroad Groups (www.projects-abroad-groups.co.uk) are the leading global organisers of overseas volunteering and work experience placements in developing countries. Founded in 1992 with its headquarters in the UK, we take about 10,000 volunteers and interns a year, and hope to grow year on year. Increasingly we recruit more school and university groups to go away on short visits to our destinations. We have offices in more than 40 countries and continue to expand our activities.
As recruitment representative in The Gulf, we would be looking for an entrepreneurial spirit – you will have a great deal of autonomy. You will, however, be invited to our UK headquarters for a few days of guidance, training and observation, and you will have a line-manager based in the UK.
The tasks of the part-time representative:
- Adapting Projects Abroad’s marketing strategy to the Gulf market;
- Adapting our website for the Gulf;
- Recruiting new volunteers and groups in an autonomous way that involves online advertising and school or university visits;
- Answering the requests of prospects via e-mail and over the phone, in live-chat and at personal meetings;
- Providing support for volunteers and groups between their application and their arrival in their project, as well as during their placement, and working with alumni on their return;
- Securing the success and brand development of Projects Abroad in the Gulf market.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience working in the education sector in the Gulf;
- have excellent oral and writing skills;
- be autonomous, self-motivated, organised and persuasive, and have a positive and results-oriented attitude;
- have marketing and sales skills or a proven interest in marketing and/or sales;
- (ideally) have work experience in a developing country (volunteering, internship, studies or paid work).
The entrepreneurial approach means that you yourself decide how much time you spend and how you spend it. However, we expect around 10 hours/week on average.
Work-related expenses such as travel, are covered. Initially you will be working from home and your line-manager will be in the UK. Essentially, our aim is to establish a branch in the Gulf.
This job might lead to working visits to our destinations and full-time employment.
Your salary divides between a basic monthly salary and commission depending on sales. Exact figures depend on your skills and experience.
To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter by clicking on the application link provided.