Project Manager - Vietnam
Vacancy for: Project Manager
Based: Hanoi - Vietnam
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager to assist our local team in Vietnam.
Your tasks would include but are not limited to:
• Arrange volunteer pick up/drop off
• Greet each new volunteer and ensure they feel welcome and secure in their new environment
• Arrange for volunteer inductions
• Provide support and contact for colleagues worldwide to ensure clear, timely and relevant information is circulated
• Point of reference for recruitment offices in matching volunteers to suitable projects
• Maintain effective communication between our placements, volunteers and the local office
• Allocate placement and accommodations details for volunteers
• Ensure website and projects are up to date
• Assist project coordinators to conduct feedback sessions with all volunteers to monitor their progress
• Manage Vietnam Facebook postings and responding
• Take photos and video, update photo gallery
• In charge of writing volunteer stories and story ideas to send to marketing
• Plan and manage office monthly events and outreaches
• Ensure all problems and complaints are dealt with efficiently in combination with Project Coordinators, Country Director and other relevant staff
• Assist project coordinators where volunteers need extra assistance
• Work in running the Project management Plan together with coordinators
• Supervise and manage volunteer houses and host families
• Work with and assist the Country Director to build, strengthen and expand new and current projects and placements
• Support and work with the Country Director in case of discipline and volunteer issues
• Stand in the position of Director in absence
• Assist in the recruitment of staff
• Any other duties assigned and directed by the Country Director
- Be fluent in English, spoken and written
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and the Internet
- Have proven ability to formulate and implement operational plans.
- Have experience in project development and management (more technical experience)
- Have experience living and working in a developing country
- Have excellent administrative experience and skills
- Have effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Have the ability to take initiative, make independent judgements/decisions
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be reliable, self-reliant and flexible
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have a Bachelor's degree in any related field (preferably but not required)
You will be employed on a 12/18-month contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
The exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during one of the interviews.
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you.
Please complete the application form and upload:
- A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role
- A two-page CV, clearly outlining the experience or training relevant to this role