Project Coordinator - Mexico
Vacancy for: Project Coordinator
Based: Guadalajara, Mexico
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad Mexico is looking for a Project Coordinator to join our team in Guadalajara. The ideal candidate will be an advanced speaker of English, with excellent written and spoken communication skills, a good eye for detail, proven organizational skills and a passion for international collaboration and development. The job is busy and physically demanding.
If you love the idea of coordinating projects that can help our international volunteers understand the local culture while making a contribution, we'd like to meet you! Please follow application instructions below.
Duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Draft, implement and supervise Project Management plans
- Organise volunteer activities and draft monthly budgets
- Ensure each new volunteer feels welcome and secure in his/her new environment
- Maintain direct communications with families and projects
- Pick up new arrivals from the airport
- Conduct volunteer inductions
- Visit local placements weekly
- Coordinate social and cultural activities for volunteers
- Maintain and update all information to internal database on a daily basis
- Be a Mexican citizen or hold a valid work permit
- Have at least 1 year's experience working in Project Coordination or Management, preferably with a culturally diverse population
- Have excellent English skills, both spoken and written
- Have proven ability to plan and execute social and events and activities for a culturally diverse group as well as community interventions and partnership building among stakeholders at all levels
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be able to work under pressure and overtime, meet short deadlines and multi-task
- Have attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Have a University degree in International Relations, International Business or Tourism (preferred but not a requirement)
Contract: You’ll be offered a permanent contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period.
To apply: click on the Apply button, complete the online application form and upload a CV and cover letter (in English) in one combined file.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organization recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.