Programme Development Officer - Regional
Vacancy for: Programme Development Officer
Based: Candidate’s current location
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
Projects Abroad employees to apply only. Application deadline: 4th October
The main purpose of this role is to manage and report on the implementation of programme development initiatives in an allocated region, composed of a group of destination countries. There are 5-6 Programme Development Officer positions available, each responsible for their respective region.
This role and its responsibilities will be in addition to your current role within the company, and it will only be part-time work. Incentive compensation will be based on achievement of Key Performance Indicators. There may be occasional travel opportunities for placement visits and project development training.
The successful candidates will be motivated by project development, able to train new and existing staff in Programme Development tools and resources, have strong interpersonal skills, and strong writing / reporting skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the main point of contact for destination staff in relation to Programme Development questions within your allocated region.
- Run staff trainings and refresher courses for destination staff within your allocated region (e.g. how to use Programme Development tools, such as the Project Database, how to implement workshops, etc.)
- Monitor destinations’ progress on the Project Database and investigate inactivity where required. Update the Head of Programme Development on monthly basis.
- Gather and analyse monthly project data supplied by destinations. Flag up any interesting case studies or news stories to Head of Programme Development and Marketing team.
- Write up quarterly project reports for destinations, highlighting key facts, data, success stories, and case studies.
- Contribute towards global Impact Assessment through regular calls / meetings with destination staff and providing relevant information for the annual Global Impact Report.
- Contribute ideas / suggestions for new Programme Development initiatives during regular calls with Head of Programme Development, Programme Development group meetings or conferences.
- Placement visits and project development training during visits to destinations.
You will be offered a one-year contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period.
Complete the online application form and upload a CV and cover letter in one combined file. Also, please provide your Projects Abroad email address.