Office Assistant - South Africa
Vacancy: Office Assistant
Based: Cape Town
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email
Projects Abroad is looking to employ an Office Assistant. This is an administrative position to assist with day-to-day running of the office.
As Office Assistant, you will be working with the guidance and supervision of the Head of the Global Information Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Email correspondence
- Office administration
- Organizing events / communication amongst staff
- Administrative support to various teams in the office
- HR related tasks
- South African nationals only
- Diploma/Degree or relevant experience in Office Management, Administration or any other related field
- Experienced working with a culturally diverse team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Advanced English both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet short deadlines and multi-task
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and a personal interview.
To apply: complete the online application form, and submit a CV and cover letter.
Projects Abroad is the leading volunteer organization recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 enthusiastic volunteers to developing countries to teach conversational English and to gain work experience in the fields of medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.