Office Administrator - Vietnam
Vacancy for: Office Administrator - Vietnam
Based: Hanoi, Vietnam
How to apply: Use “Apply” button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with volunteers and overseas offices. The main objective of this position is to help with administrative tasks related with the operation of Projects Abroad Vietnam. Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work.
As Office Administrator, you will be an integral part of the Projects Abroad team, working closely with all members of staff and you will be working with the guidance and supervision of the Country Director.
Duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure that each new volunteer feels welcome and secure in his/her new environment
- Maintain effective communication between the overseas office and the head office where necessary
- Liaise with local projects to assign volunteers before they arrive
- Assist volunteers with different general issues while they are in Vietnam (change flights, deal with problems with host families, complaints, etc.)
- Assist volunteers with their departure process (debriefing form, departure taxi and final requests)
- Ensure the office is in good working condition including: management of filing system, in and out correspondence, management of staff leave records, operation and maintenance of office equipment and supplies, regular update of the office assets inventory, paperwork for relevant government agencies.
- Liaise with local agencies in processing visas for volunteers and other administrative tasks, when required
- Ensure staff are properly registered with relevant government agencies. Ensure the office follows Vietnam Law
- Enter petty cash records in the system and maintain an up-to-date record of expenses in the system.
- Manage monthly budget
- Assist in recruiting new host families
- Conduct periodic visits to placements and host families
- Represent Country Director to liaise with relevant authorities when required
- Be available for emergencies 24 hours a day
- Other Admin work if required
The job is very busy and can be physically demanding so you should be prepared to work flexible hours and be willing to travel within Vietnam if necessary.
- Be a Vietnamese national
- Be a university graduate
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet
- Have experience working with culturally diverse population
- Fluent in English (other European languages would be advantageous)
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Have excellent organisational skills
You will be offered a temporary contract (maternity leave replacement). An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply, please complete the online application form and upload a CV and a cover letter (in a single file).
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.