Micro Finance Project Coordinator - Ghana
Vacancy for: Microfinance Coordinator
Based: Akuapem Hills, Ghana
How to apply: Use 'Apply' button on this page. Do not apply via email.
Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work. The position entails working effectively with volunteers, staff members and other stake holders to ensure the operation of the Micro Finance Project and Loans. The main objective of this position is to manage the project, ensuring that volunteers are matched appropriately with placements, activities for volunteers are clearly worked out, volunteers understand their roles and responsibilities and the project is run to attain its objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
- Conduct workplace introductions for all Micro-finance volunteers
- Ensure all Micro-finance volunteers have a set structure for their project and that both the placement and volunteer are happy with arrangements
- Manage the Micro-finance project and activities and ensure that it is executed efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that volunteers are comfortable during their stay in Ghana.
- Receive and work with Projects Abroad volunteers to run and improve the Micro-finance operations.
- Participate in weekly follow-up by the Micro-finance team of each beneficiary, and assist to solve any potential problems including site visits to operating small businesses including collection of repayments and appropriate record keeping.
- Establish a monthly financial report with details of each beneficiary and the global status of Micro-finance finances
- Develop strategies to ensure that placement activities are worthwhile for volunteers
- Organise and provide volunteers with materials according to the placement
- Take volunteers to a hospital when sick.
- Ensure that accurate and up-to-date information on projects are uploaded in database
- Maintain up-to-date listings of all relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate partnership events
- Ensure timetable for each volunteer is completed
The job is busy and can be physically demanding so you should be prepared to work flexible hours and be willing to travel within Ghana when necessary.
- Ghanaians only to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economy, Business or any other related field
- At least 1 year’s experience in a relevant field
- Experience working with culturally diverse population is beneficial
- Ability to formulate and implement operational plans
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of Small Business Management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
You will be offered a permanent contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
How to apply: Please complete the online application form and upload a CV and cover letter.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.