Micro Finance Project Coordinator - Cambodia
Vacancy for: Income Generation for Capacity Building Project Coordinator - Cambodia
Based: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
How to apply: Use 'Apply' button on this page.
We’re looking for a Project Coordinator to help plan and coordinate all Income Generation for Capacity Building projects functions of Projects Abroad Cambodia. The nature of the position entails working effectively with volunteers, staff members and other stakeholders to ensure the operation of the Income Generation for Capacity Building Project and Micro Loans. The main objective of this position is to manage the project, ensuring that volunteers are matched appropriately with their placement, activities for volunteers are clearly worked out, and volunteers understand their roles and responsibilities, work with placements to fine-tune structure of work being done by volunteers and ensure project quality
Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
- Conduct workplace introductions for all Income Generation for Capacity Building/ Micro Finance volunteers
- Maintain effective communication with the local Management staff, Head Office and other overseas offices when necessary
- Ensure that volunteers are comfortable during their stay in Cambodia. It means identifying and resolving problems faced by volunteers in placements and with accomodation
- Assist volunteers and related staff in the selection, training, education, business planning, monitoring and support of Income Generation for Capacity Building beneficiaries to ensure that the beneficiary becomes financially independent and repays loan
- Work with Khemara Loan Officer to conduct home visits for beneficiaries , including translation and relevant documentation with volunteers
- Participate in weekly follow-up of each beneficiary, and assist to solve any potential problems including site visits to operating small businesses, collection of repayments and appropriate record keeping.
- Take the decision, together with a Projects Abroad volunteer and Khemara representative, on which potential beneficiaries to grant a loan to.
- Establish a monthly financial report with details of each beneficiary and the global status of Micro Finance finances
- Develop strategies to ensure that placement activities are worthwhile for volunteers
- Organize and provide volunteers with materials according to the placement
- Take volunteers to a hospital when sick.
- Ensure that accurate and up-to-date information on projects are uploaded in global database (TAGOS)
- Maintain up-to-date listings all relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate occasional partnership events
- Attend monthly partnership meetings
- Translate Micro Finance documents and training sessions
- Supervise and assist Income Generation for Capacity Building interns as required
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager
- Bachelor of Business or any other related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Experience working with culturally diverse population is beneficial
- Proven ability to formulate and implement operational plans
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Knowledge of Small Business Management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet short deadlines and multi-task
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Written and oral translation skills
You will be offered a one-year contract, subject to passing a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment depends on a personal interview and satisfactory references.
To apply: Please complete the online application form and upload a CV and cover letter in one combined file.
Projects Abroad is the leading international volunteer organisation recruiting young people from the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan to do worthwhile voluntary work overseas.
Annually we send over 10,000 volunteers to 29 developing countries to gain experience in fields such as teaching, medicine, journalism, veterinary science, law and conservation.
We promote volunteering opportunities through our websites, social media accounts and events.