General Assistant - Cambodia
Vacancy for: General Assistant
Based: Phnom Penh
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
At Projects Abroad, we run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation. Our fundamental mission is to provide support to critical areas and promote a cultural exchange that will benefit both our volunteers and the communities in which they work.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
The role of the General Assistant is to be a ‘frontline’ liaison with volunteers. You can play a large part in shaping the volunteers’ experience. By being enthusiastic, efficient and supportive, you will assist the volunteers’ integration into the country. The nature of the position entails frequent, timely and effective communication with local team, hosts families, project partners and volunteers.The job is very busy and can be physically demanding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise daily with the cook, coordinators, drivers and the Country Director
- Ensure airport pick-up and departure of volunteers at the right time
- Ensure accommodation is properly arranged for each volunteer
- Supervise the drivers group
- Arrange a transfer for conservation volunteers to Koh Sdach island
- Inform the Country Director immediately if any issues arise with volunteer arrivals
- Produce appropriate files & charts as discussed with Country Director relating to volunteers in country
- Attend volunteer social gatherings and any other out of office events as determined by the Country Director
- Weekly update volunteer contact list
- Be available 24 hours, including weekends and holidays
- Any other tasks/duties as may be required by the Country Director
- Cambodian nationals currently living in Phnom Penh or nearby areas
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with culturally diverse population
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet
You will be employed on a temporary contract, subject to a probationary period.
To apply, please complete the online application form and submit:
- A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role.
- A one-page CV, clearly outlining the experience or training you have that’s relevant to this role.
Please upload these as a single word/pdf file.