Deputy Director - USA
Vacancy for: Deputy Director
Based: New York
Deputy Director for USA is a management position in the Recruitment team at Projects Abroad.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the US Recruitment Office
- Train and manage a team of three staff on all matters related to sales and marketing
- Assist Projects Abroad offices around the world with matters related to the US market
- Report to Director for USA
- Be a university graduate – a liberal arts major is desirable.
- Have 2+ years of management experience
- Have 3+ years of digital marketing experience, including content creation, SEO, UX/UI optimization and analytics
- Be fluent in English, both spoken and written – knowledge of French or Spanish is desirable
- Have spent a significant amount of time working or traveling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries.
- Be creative, self-reliant and flexible. You should be prepared to work in a fun but small office environment.
- Have good phone and interpersonal skills, knowledge of MS Office programs, and well-honed writing abilities. An interest in international affairs is desirable.
- Have a driver’s license and a good driving record
- Be located in or willing to relocate to New York
- Be legally eligible to work in the USA
- Prior experience with Projects Abroad a plus
- Employment is on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. Salary is dependent on experience. Agreed day-to-day work-related expenses and employer-funded health insurance are also provided; vacation time starts at twenty days per year.
To apply: Please complete the application form and upload your CV and a cover letter in one MS Word document. Strong candidates will be contacted to arrange a telephone interview and/or in-person interview. Unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted.