Administrator and Team Leader - GIO
Vacancy for: Administrator (Payments Team) and Team Leader
Based: Cape Town
At Projects Abroad, we’re passionate about travelling with a purpose. We love travel, and we love making a positive difference in communities around the world. We run projects in dozens of countries, where we send volunteers to help with anything from medicine and healthcare to education and conservation.
We don’t just dream about making a difference in the world. We do it every day.
We’re looking for an Administrator in the Payments Team who will have to ensure that all volunteers receive the correct invoice for their chosen project and that all payments received are correctly loaded. Travel insurance has to be put in place and permissions have to be loaded for the volunteers.
Your tasks would include but are not limited to:
- Process credit card payments of our clients via PayPal.
- Be responsible for processing payments, ensuring they are authorized and issued in a timely manner.
- Update our client’s invoices after payment has been taken.
- Update our global database and relevant offices once the payment has been taken.
- Calculate the programme fees which our clients owe.
- Chase and remind clients to pay their fees.
- Put travel insurance in place for our clients.
- Check PayPal Reports and Pay Simple reports.
- Answer questions from staff and clients about invoices and payments.
- Update our client’s profiles.
- Provide personalized customer service of the highest level at all times.
- Record and log the source for each client’s enquiry accurately.
- Use sound judgment to manage difficult customer situations, to respond promptly to the needs of the customer.
- Answer any general questions related to payments both from your team and from other department.
- Monitor work load and efficiency of team members and inform the Head of Admin Services accordingly.
- Check user notes when needed to monitor work quality.
- Facilitate the hiring and training of new team members.
- Bolster morale with team members and ensure to communicate any necessary information.
- Identify areas that need training and development.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with line managers and fellow Team Leaders.
- Arrange bi-weekly meetings with Team Members as per schedule.
- Assist line managers with any additional tasks that may arise from time to time.
- Have a Bachelor degree, preferably in Finance, Business Administration, Communication, etc
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office and the Internet
- Have proven Invoice processing and systems knowledge, preferably
- Have very strong attention to detail
- Have some bookkeeping or basic accounting experience, preferably
- Have exceptional customer service
- Have strong administrative experience from a corporate environment, preferably
- Have experience in the travel sector
- Be fluent in English, spoken and written
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy giving advice and clear instructions to people
- Be reliable, self-reliant and flexible
- Be adept at working as part of a team
You will be employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. An offer of employment is dependent upon receipt of satisfactory references and personal interview.
The exact salary depends upon your experience and will be discussed with you during the interview.
Are you interested?
Great! We want to hear from you.
Please complete the application form and upload one combined file including:
- A one-page cover letter, telling us why you’re perfect for this role
- A two-page CV, clearly outlining the experience or training relevant to this role